The Area of origin: our organic Greek lavender is grown at Nea Tenedos village located in Halkidiki, Northern Greece. The village Nea Tenedos counts 368 inhabitants engaged in agriculture and stockbreeding. It is a very beautiful and quiet semi-mountainous village at a close distance from the sea.
From our distillation of Greek Organic Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil Therapeutic properties associated with lavender hydrolat: antispasmodic, antidepressant, antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory, cooling, regenerative
How we use it:
• It is used extensively as part of a daily skin care routine as it is said to be suitable to all skin types, famed for regenerative effects, cooling – try as a ‘toner’ or part of a cleansing routine
• We like using it in our home-made face masks (add to some clay or oatmeal) and as a facial and/or body mist, after shaving, on sunburn, when traveling, etc. • It can be used as a gentle rinse/spray on small cuts and abrasions or insect bites
• Known for its calming properties it is a nice and simple evening room spray
• It is often used undiluted as a compress for headaches or to ease stress
• A good ‘glug’ can also be added to a relaxing bath
We really enjoy this gorgeous lavender as an evening 'wind me down' aroma, on its own, close to and at bed time.